In support of the Douglas Center girls program at Youth Villages - Inner Harbour Campus
This year, Youth Villages in Georgia will have more than 120 children and families who desperately need someone to become their Holiday Hero. As a Holiday Hero, you can make sure the children receiving help at Youth Villages are remembered with gifts this holiday season. Your donation will allow disadvantaged children and youth in Georgia to build life-long memories of happy times, something many have not known, especially around the holidays.
Last year, employees of Bryan Cave generously supported Youth Villages in Georgia by adopting the Douglas Center for adolescent girls at the 1,200 acre residential Youth Villages - Inner Harbour Campus. This support ensured that each girl at the Douglas Center received gifts during the holidays. We are excited to be continuing that partnership again this year!
The Douglas Center is a supervised group home that serves girls ages 13-18 who typically have endured abuse or neglect and have not responded to in-home or community-based therapies or interventions. These girls suffer from depressive disorders, reactive attachment disorders, post traumatic stress, ADHD, low cognitive functioning, impulse control disorders, history of suicidal or homicidal behaviors, self harming behaviors, eating disorder, psychotic disorders, and/or autism spectrum disorders.
How the Bryan Cave/Holiday Heroes partnership works:
1) Each girl at the Douglas Center fills out a holiday wish list.
2) During the week of November 3rd, each Bryan Cave employee who signs up to participate in the purchasing of gifts will receive a wish list.
3) By December 5th, employees are asked to deliver wish list items to Win Cook.
4) Participating employees are invited to attend the children's holiday party at the Inner Harbour Campus in Douglasville, Sat., Dec. 13, 2014, from 12:15-4:00 p.m.
5) Heroes may also consider making a donation to sponsor a child or children, and Youth Villages will do all of the shopping and wrapping.
To learn about Youth Villages' Holiday Heroes program, please visit:
For more information, or to make a gift by check, please contact Win Cook at 22-4535 or Carla Littlejohn.
For questions about the gift list you receive, or Youth Villages, please contact James Waddey at 770-852-6259 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Villages thanks you for your support of Holiday Heroes!